To ensure valid press coverage and representation on the exhibit floor, media representatives need current, official credentials as outlined below to qualify for an editorial or advertising press badge at SURTEX.
- Business card (with individual's name and title and the name of an approved media outlet) AND one of the following:
- The mastpage from an approved media outlet with individual's name and title listed; OR
- A copy of or an Internet link to a current by-lined article published in an approved media outlet within the past six months.
Who qualifies for a press badge at SURTEX?
- Editors, television and radio producers, and print/broadcast reporters from approved media outlets (editorial badges)
- Publishing, advertising, and sales representatives from approved media outlets (advertising badges)
Who does NOT qualify for a press badge?
- Public relations representatives
- Marketing, creative services, circulation and other employees of magazines, newspapers and television stations
- Writers and publishers of personal or corporate newsletters
- Family members of legitimate media
- Freelance Writers & Photographers – if on assignment, must present a letter from an approved publication. If not on assignment, provide a copy of an industry-relevant by-lined article, published within the past six months in an approved media outlet.
- Electronic Media Reps & Website Editors - must present proof of an existing site with relevant editorial content and proof of circulation
- Book authors - will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Public Relations - if their clients are confirmed participants in the tradeshow, may register as "exhibitor personnel." A business card and proof of client relationship with exhibiting manufacturer required. Alternatively, Public Relations representatives may register on-site for the tradeshow as a "trade guest" with payment of any necessary fees.
Please do not bring friends or relatives to the Press Center. Show Management reserves the right to refuse anyone a press badge.