There is no cost to enter the SURTEX designext competition! However, all entrants must be students in their 3rd or 4th year (junior or senior level) in a college/university, and be enrolled in a surface design-related curriculum.
Submissions must adhere to the competition requirements in order to be considered.
Participating is Easy
- Professors or students, register you and your school by November 13, 2017 using the Online Registration Form.
- Get creative, have fun and complete your project – keeping the jury/criteria in mind.
- Fill out the official entry form.
- Double check that you have met all the competition requirements.
- Ship entries in sturdy packaging to the address below. We cannot be responsible for boards damaged during shipping. Entries MUST be received by January 23, 2017.
SURTEX® designext competition
1133 Westchester Avenue, Suite N136
White Plains, NY 10604 USA
The following requirements must be met to qualify the entry for judging. Each student must:
- Professionally present original artwork, demonstrating an understanding of surface design
- Be in his/her 3rd or 4th year (junior or senior level) in college/university
- Submit 2 rigid presentation boards, each sized 18” by 24”
- Label each design with its intended product application
- Submit a completed “Official Entry Form” placed in an envelope adhered to the back of 1 board (Please do not write the college/university name anywhere on the boards)
- Winning students must be able to travel to New York City to participate in SURTEX 2017.
Jury / Criteria
The jury will review entries based on the following criteria:
- Surface design development (i.e. hand-drawn and/or computer-generated)
- Creativity, style and use of color and pattern
- Potential for viability in the marketplace
- Presentation of overall concept and surface designs
At SURTEX, the judges will review each of the four winners’ booth presentation and portfolio in order to determine the Grand Prize winner.