REGISTER BY APRIL 25TH FOR A CHANCE TO WIN IN OUR 14 DAYS OF GIVEAWAYS!
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1) Eligibility: The 14 Days of Giveaways Sweepstakes (the Sweepstakes) is offered to eligible SURTEX® 2017 attendees, who, pursuant to these rules, may enter by registering to attend SURTEX online at surtex.com between April 12, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. EST and April 25, 2017 by 11:59 p.m. EST. A total of fifteen will be drawn at random from among the entries. No entry fee, payment, or proof of purchase is required to enter the Sweepstakes. All other Event participants and all other persons are not eligible to enter. Entrants may not enter under multiple identities or use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times. Limit one (1) entry per eligible person. By participating you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited.
2) Drawing; Method to Enter; Start and End Dates: From April 12, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. EST through the deadline of 11:59 p.m. EST, April 25, 2017 (The “Sweepstakes Period”), those qualified attendees who register for SURTEX online will be eligible to win one of the fifteen prizes listed herein. Winners’ names will be randomly selected by Sponsor from among all eligible entries submitted on or about April 28, 2017. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail of their win with instructions on how to redeem their prize. Winners must attend SURTEX, taking place May 21-23, 2017, and bring their valid attendee badge on-site to redeem their prize on-site.
- Free Method of Entry
During the Sweepstakes Period, hand print your name, company, title, address, phone number, email address, age, and the title of this Sweepstakes (as set forth above) on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage for receipt no later than the final day of the Sweepstakes Period referenced above, to Dianne Oplinger, 14 Days of Giveaways Sweepstakes, Emerald Expositions, 1133 Westchester Ave, Suite N136, White Plains, NY 10604. For your mailed-in entry received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period, you will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes drawing.
3) Description and Value of the Prizes; Odds of Winning: A total of fourteen (14) winners will each receive a $100.00 American Express® Gift Card and one (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a $250 American Express® Gift Card. One prize per Winner. Winner will be responsible for all costs and expenses not specifically included herein. No substitution or cash alternative is permitted. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible and qualified entries received. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner.
4) Terms and Conditions: Where permitted by law, the winner grants (and agrees to confirm said grant in writing upon the request of the Sponsor) to Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s direction or control, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, at any time or times, the winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration and without notice, review or approval, except where prohibited by law. Further, winner will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, a Publicity Release (where lawful), and provide evidence of identity and age with a social security number and a valid state or federally issued identification (i.e. driver’s license or passport), all within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. If said documents are not returned timely, or if prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found not to have complied with these Official Rules, declines the prize for any reason, or is ineligible for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to an alternate winner selected at random. WINNER WILL BE ISSUED A FORM 1099 FOR TAX PURPOSES IN THE AMOUNT OF THE ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE AND MUST SUBMIT HIS OR HER SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AS REQUIRED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. By participating, participants release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons (including, without limitation, death) or property, arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes-related activity, including any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties. Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including the prize, is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN THE EVENT THAT THE PRECEDING RELEASE IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE INVALID OR VOID FOR ANY REASON, THE PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, (I) ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (II) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
5) Governing Law: By entering, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. All participants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal or state courts located in New York, New York. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
6) Miscellaneous: If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No entrant shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect.
7) Sponsor; Winner List: The Sponsor is Emerald Expositions, LLC, 31910 Del Obispo, Suite 200, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675. For the names of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request to: Mr. Alex Vallejo, Emerald Expositions, 1133 Westchester Ave, Suite N136, White Plains, NY 10604. Winner list requests must be received by Sponsor by May 31, 2017.
8) Sponsor: Emerald Expositions, LLC, 31910 Del Obispo, Suite 200, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675.