- All attendees may be required to present a photo ID upon arrival at the Show.
- Show admission is FREE to qualified attendees (art buyers/licensees) who register prior to the early registration deadline. Suppliers to the trade and non-exhibiting designers, design studio/agents will be charged in advance onsite. Only major credit cards are accepted for payment of onsite registration fees. Cash will not be accepted. 2018 Pricing will be available for non-buyers/non-licensees when Registration opens.
- This Show is for the trade only. Individuals who cannot document their direct, professional affiliation to the trade will not be admitted.
- Children under the age of 14 are strongly discouraged from attending and are only eligible to receive guest badges on-site ($65 admission fee). They must be accompanied by a registered attendee.
- Strollers are not permitted on the exhibit floor.
- Attendees will NOT be permitted on the Show floor with portfolios.
- The use of luggage carts/wheeled cases of any kind is not permitted on the Show floor.
- This is a wholesale market. Attendees will not be allowed to remove merchandise from the Show, except for two dimensional artwork. All orders must be shipped.
- Photography is not permitted on the Show floor.
- So everyone can enjoy the Show, we must insist that professional conduct be maintained at all times. We reserve the right to revoke the badge and Show privileges of anyone exhibiting inappropriate behavior.
- In compliance with New York City’s smoking laws, there is no smoking allowed in any areas of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
- If you require special accessibility during SURTEX, please contact Megan Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
TRADE SHOW ETIQUETTE FOR VISITING STUDENTS AND ARTISTS
This is a trade show where professional conduct is required at all times. Please be respectful of ALL exhibiting artists, designers, agents, etc. Customers are their priority, so do not in any way impede their activity with customers.
- Never enter anyone’s booth without their permission; do not take things from booths or examine an exhibitor’s portfolio without first asking permission
- Photography is not permitted anywhere on the show floor
- Do not approach an exhibitor if there is someone in their booth
- If no one is in the booth, quickly introduce yourself (be honest), ask for a card and inquire if you could contact them at a later date
- If you do engage in conversation with an exhibitor, be aware that a potential client may be approaching; if a customer comes in, say goodbye immediately
- Do not show your own artwork to potential customers or agents on the show floor – portfolios are not permitted on the show floor
- Professional conduct must be maintained at all times. Show Management reserves the right to revoke the badge and Show privileges of anyone exhibiting inappropriate business.